Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacMail 6.6 isn't sending even tho all systems appear "go"

Of late, my mac mail 6.6 isn't consistently sending e-mails. I've checked with my server (Comcast) and going through their diagnostics all appears to be in order there, so I wonder if anyone else is experiencing inconsistency in sending. I've used MacMail for years, this is the first time I've run into this, on Mountain Lion 10.8.5. Done several tests with regular recipients with mixed results, mostly no acknolwedgement of them receiving.

MacBook Pro, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.5)

Posted on May 21, 2015 3:48 PM

2 replies

Jun 10, 2015 7:10 AM in response to davidfromorleans

Yes, having this problem. From what I understand there is a conflict created by a patch that was sent out that caused this problem somewhere around the 20th of May. Some people are having trouble receiving AND sending. I'm having trouble sending and particularly NEW mail. There is another message that describes the same issue I'm having. Responding to mail goes fine, but creating new mail is troublesome. Each email has to be prompted and even then it sometimes has to be prompted multiple times. Here is a link that was given to me by Cox Communications about this issue. It is an article. I haven't read the article yet. The support people at Cox did not have any info on an expected "fix" date!

www.cso.com.au/article/575494/microsoft-fixes-office-mac-2011-update-killed-outl ook/

MacMail 6.6 isn't sending even tho all systems appear "go"

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.