Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how do i get the menu bar off of my projector screen

my computer runs a projector. the projector screen never used to show any menu bars just my desk to did. but recently a menu bar showed up at the top of the projector screen almost like it is mirroring the desktop but it is not. how do i get rid of this menu bar? it makes my presentations look unprofessional

Posted on May 21, 2015 2:37 PM

1 reply

May 23, 2015 2:50 PM in response to Isaac.amp

Hello Isaac.amp,

If you are using a projector as a secondary display on your Mac and are having issues with it showing the menu bar when presenting, you may want to see if your software supports full screen mode, as outlined here:

OS X Yosemite: Take apps full screen

If you continue to have issues, you may also want to try unchecking the "Displays have seperate spaces" option, noted here:

OS X Yosemite: Mission Control preferences

Sincerely,

- Brenden

how do i get the menu bar off of my projector screen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.