Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I share a calendar with my employees?

Is there a way to create a calendar in OS 10.8.5 and share it with my employees?

I've read about having to create a DAV server (or something like that) in order to share a calendar, but that seems like a lot of trouble for what I want to do. I want to add projects to a calendar that have start, end, and goal dates (along with some other data) and have my employees be able to open the calendar and track their progress on it…or at least be able to mark when each project is finished. We're all running 10.8.5 but, because we are using Adobe CC products (and the minimum OS for the next upgrade is 10.9), it looks like we'll be upgrading to Yosemite soon (although there seems to be some networking slow-downs going to 10.10 from 10.8.5). There has to be an easier way to do this.

Also, is there any way to share a calendar with a Windows 7 user?

Thanks,

Lloyd

Mac Pro, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.5), 2.8 GHz, 7 GB RAM, Windows server

Posted on May 21, 2015 2:07 PM

5 replies

May 21, 2015 2:16 PM in response to Lloyd Lathrop

This page and the subsequent ones explains how to share calendars:

http://help.apple.com/icloud/#/mm6b1a8694

I quote the basic explanation:

You can share a calendar both publicly and privately with other people. Sharing gives you flexibility in managing calendars. For example, you could create a calendar for your child’s sports team and share it privately with just the coaches so they can edit it. You could also share it publicly with all the parents so they can view (but not change) it whenever they want.

Sharing works as follows:

• Public calendars can be shared with anyone. To access public calendars, visitors need to use Calendar on a Mac, Microsoft Outlook on a Windows computer, or any other app that supports the iCalendar file format.A public calendar cannot be edited by anyone but the calendar owner (the creator).
  • Private calendars can be shared with other iCloud users. Participants can view the calendar using iCloud Calendar; the Calendar app on iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, or a Mac; or Microsoft Outlook on a Windows computer.

How do I share a calendar with my employees?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.