Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

unable to turn off apple keychain

I'm having a problem with my apple keychain - i am unable to authorize multiple devices and i am getting constant notifications to verify apple keychain, but the process is not working and i am not able to remove or turn off apple keychain - so it is a vicious loop that i am not able to get out of. i can't even reset the password for the keychain - any ideas?

iPad, iOS 4.3.2

Posted on May 21, 2015 2:02 PM

3 replies

May 23, 2015 10:45 AM in response to Demo

Thanks. Sorry, I didn't look at my profile, obviously I haven't use the support forum in quite a while. I have the Mac Pro Desktop, MB Pro Laptop, iPad Air and iPad Mini and iPhone 6plus. I'm getting the annoying keychain prompts on all devices - I have tried logging out of iCloud on the Mac Pro, but it won't allow me to turn "off" keychain, so therefore, it never allows me to log out of iCloud - thus I can't reset the keychain. I tried the keychain repair app in utilities, and that made my desktop worse - now I have to enter my desktop password a zillion times in every application being used - so I am quite annoyed at this point.

I've been a mac girl since 1985 - I'm pretty comfortable with them and I don't normally change any settings in the system. I feel like i'm going to have to do a clean wipe on all the machines to get out of this loop - what is your suggestion?

May 23, 2015 5:55 PM in response to Kim Holcomb

I Would not wipe all of the devices at all. This should be resolvable without going to that extreme. Have you done any searching for answers about this and I don't mean doing a search here in the community. This search feature here is useless. I rely on my old friend Google.

See if any of these suggestions help.

iCloud keychain verification always pending

unable to turn off apple keychain

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.