Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Change win 7 in vm to bootcamp?

so i spent almost 200 dollars to buy Parallels and a key to Win 7. It is up and running and is not satisfactory for the one banking program that runs only on windows. It works fine, but i just dont like the ui And how slow and finicky it is.

anyway, i want to delete the vm and use that key in bootcamp in my MacMini.

Can i do this without buying another key? Any advice is appreciated.

iP6 x3, iPad Air x 2, rMini MacMin

Posted on May 21, 2015 4:39 PM

6 replies

May 21, 2015 5:58 PM in response to ron7624

Hello all, sorry for the short question above, and I did find out about my key. I am running a new MacMini with OS X 10.10.3

I can follow the instructions as to how to delete or remove Parallels 10 from my system and I guess that will get rid of windows as well so I can re-use my key. it is valid for 1 install.

But, is that the best way to uninstall Windows 7 from my Mac?

Will uninstalling Parallels do the trick? or

Should I just wipe the Mac and start over? There isn't much on this new machine other than several email accounts. no pix or music that I don't have somewhere else.

Best way?

TIA

May 21, 2015 6:20 PM in response to ron7624

First delete the Windows VM from Parallels and tell Parallels to delete the Virtual Disk. The Parallels Support website has KB articles for it. If you do not want Parallels, now you can uninstall it.

You can re-use the same Product Key and re-activate Windows online. If there are issues with Windows Activation, call the Activation number and it can be transferred to the Bootcamp Installation, if necessary.

Change win 7 in vm to bootcamp?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.