Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

numbers--- reselecting an image?

Hi,

I've added an image in numbers & moved it around / re -s sized it, moved it 'back' behind my text etc...now I'd like to move it again but I just cannot 'select' the image at all to move it again. I can only 'select' the cells & not the actual image..any tips on how to 'select' the image again please?

MacBook Pro (15-inch Early 2011)

Posted on May 21, 2015 2:17 PM

3 replies

May 21, 2015 3:19 PM in response to Scruffy1966

you can also click and hold on the canvas (the background to the sheet), then drag towards the center of the table. this will select EVERYTHING the select rectangle intersects. then hold the command key and click the table to unselect the table. now use the command cut, then paste. now the image will be on top.

you could also move the table out of the way

May 21, 2015 3:32 PM in response to Wayne Contello

Thanks Wayne,

I also found a quicker way using partially what you described too.

holing the 'cmd' key > click on the blank canvas & drag towards your image, this brings up the 'intersects / holding boxes' around your image..edit your image > then double click your document to hide the 'intersect / holding boxes' > done!

Thanks of the help & tips Wayne.

numbers--- reselecting an image?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.