Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't open iTunes

So I've tried opening iTunes, and it just wont work. I've uninstalled and reinstalled several times. I even uninstalled all Apple products and reinstalled iTunes and it still won't open. I keep getting these two errors. I have referred to the Apple support page where it shows what to do if I can't open iTunes and it still won't work. I need other options. Thanks!

User uploaded file

Posted on May 21, 2015 2:37 PM

3 replies

May 21, 2015 4:35 PM in response to meganfword

Entry point errors can usually be fixed by deleting the offending dll, then repairing the component it is part of from the programs and features control panel. CoreMedia.dll is part of Apple Application Support and can normally be found in

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple\Apple Application Support or

C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Apple\Apple Application Support.

For general advice see Troubleshooting issues with iTunes for Windows updates.

The steps in the second box are a guide to removing everything related to iTunes and then rebuilding it which is often a good starting point unless the symptoms indicate a more specific approach. Review the other boxes and the list of support documents further down the page in case one of them applies.

The further information area has direct links to the current and recent builds in case you have problems downloading, need to revert to an older version or want to try theiTunes for Windows (64-bit - for older video cards) release as a workaround for installation or performance issues, or compatibility with QuickTime or third party software.

Your library should be unaffected by these steps but there are also links to backup and recovery advice should it be needed.

tt2

May 21, 2015 4:56 PM in response to turingtest2

Hey there. I have turned to your other post before and nothing has worked. When I go into my Common Files (file) nothing is there. When I go to services to fix the "Apple Mobile Device Service" error, I can't stop it because I apparently haven't "started" it and when I press "start" it does not work. It says that I cannot do this action on a local computer User uploaded file

User uploaded file

Can't open iTunes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.