Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My new iPad refuses to download upgrades or new applications

First, a word to Apple. The support system is horrible. Chat refuses to respond, the circle just keep going, and when I go to the "new" support system, the glib fellow talks too fast and I have no idea of what he is saying - the background is also confusing. Trendy, perhaps, but knock off the tready stuff and remember you are trying to impart information. I gave up!

Now, the problem. My new iPd - the latest model and OS - will not upload downloads nor will it load new applications. The little circles just go round and round...

iPad, iPad Mini Basic

Posted on May 21, 2015 7:36 PM

4 replies

May 21, 2015 8:56 PM in response to WillowUNBC

Try signing out of the App Store & signing back in

Settings->iTunes & App Store->Apple ID: your ID ...select sign out from the drop down menu

Now try signing back in.

Check that your credit card info is up yo date in your iTunes profile

Tap the iTunes icon and scroll down to the bottom. Tap your Apple ID and select view Apple ID.

May 22, 2015 3:57 AM in response to WillowUNBC

OK, when you tap on Settings you will see iTunes & App Store listed in the left column. Tap on that & the menu for iTunes & App Store will appear on the right. At the top is your Apple ID. Tap on that and a drop down menu will appear. One of the selections is 'Sign Out'. You can actually View your Apple ID from this drop down menu as well.

Change or remove your Apple ID payment information in the iTunes Store - Apple Support

If you can't view your ID ( the iPad hangs) Try closing Settings by double tapping the home button & swiping up the Settings window. If any othe applications are there, swipe them up as well.

then Reset you iPad by holding down the home & sleep/wake buttons at the same time until the Apple logo appears then let go & wait for the iPad to boot up.

Now try the above again.

My new iPad refuses to download upgrades or new applications

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.