Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to validate if the iPhone is unlocked (after following the above steps, and not having another carrier SIM)?

I have unlocked my iPhone from AT&T. Went through their website and did the steps, and got a confirmation.

Post that did the steps suggested by Apple.com to backup and restore the iPhone.

I want to validate if the process is successful, and if my iPhone is ready to be used in another carrier. I do not have another SIM card to check.

Is there a place /menu in iPhone or a site where i can connect and check if my phone is unlocked.

iPhone 5c, iOS 8.3

Posted on May 21, 2015 5:38 PM

9 replies

Oct 7, 2015 3:56 AM in response to Lawrence Finch

Hello Lawrence,

I have recently unlocked an AT&T iPhone 6 using the over the air (iCloud) method, yesterday I borrowed a co workers T-Mobile SIM, I tried it in the iPhone 6 and the iPhone displayed T-Mobile as the carrier on the upper left of the screen along with the signal strength.

Does that verify a successful unlock by AT&T?

Thanks much!

How to validate if the iPhone is unlocked (after following the above steps, and not having another carrier SIM)?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.