Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Screen noise, rebooting didn't work

Hi guys, so my watch is stuck on this screen noise for almost an hour:

User uploaded file

I tried holding the side button for the power off slider to appear, didn't work. And then I tried a hard reboot, holding the crown and the side button for 10 seconds, didn't work.

When I try a hard reboot the screen goes dark after 5 seconds, but if I keep holding the buttons, it comes back with the noise. If I release the buttons, it stays black until I press the side button.

Another thing I noticed is that I can't get the watch version or its usage using the phone "Apple Watch" app.

I updated the watch yesterday, to the 1.0.1 version.

I looked over Twitter / Youtube / Google / this forum, and it doesn't seem anyone else had this problem. If I can't find a fix tonight I will go to the store tomorrow and see if they know how to fix or maybe offer a replacement.

Anyway, does anyone know what's going on? Any other idea?

Thanks,

Apple Watch, Watch OS 1.0.1

Posted on May 21, 2015 5:37 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 27, 2015 9:39 AM

Hi there digitalden,

I encountered another problem, actually. On Thursday I had the screen noise, Friday morning it was working again, but on Saturday another problem happened. The screen was unresponsive to touching, and sometimes it would like random touches would happen, mostly on the right side of the screen. For example, if the watch was locked, with the numeric keypad showing, the 3/6/9/back keys would change color (as if being pressed) and eventually the watch would lock itself after so many unlocking attempt errors.

I went to the store to have them check, and the problem was not happening. But the Genius guy believed me (and he saw the picture I took with the screen noise), and they took my broken unit and will give me a new one, that I need to pick up at the store in 3-5 days.

Sadly, I guess I got a defective unit.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 27, 2015 9:39 AM in response to digitalden

Hi there digitalden,

I encountered another problem, actually. On Thursday I had the screen noise, Friday morning it was working again, but on Saturday another problem happened. The screen was unresponsive to touching, and sometimes it would like random touches would happen, mostly on the right side of the screen. For example, if the watch was locked, with the numeric keypad showing, the 3/6/9/back keys would change color (as if being pressed) and eventually the watch would lock itself after so many unlocking attempt errors.

I went to the store to have them check, and the problem was not happening. But the Genius guy believed me (and he saw the picture I took with the screen noise), and they took my broken unit and will give me a new one, that I need to pick up at the store in 3-5 days.

Sadly, I guess I got a defective unit.

May 22, 2015 11:17 AM in response to inerte

Update: It's working again.

While with the screen noise, the watch was hot. The battery ran out and the watch stopped working around 6PM, and when I put it back on the charger, the noise would come up again, and if I removed from the charger, the battery would ran out quickly. I did that a couple times, and thinking about going this morning to the store and that I would need battery to show the noise to someone at the store, I left the watch on the charger overnight.

When I woke up 7AM the watch was working again. I can check its usage and the OS version, get notifications, looks like everything is normal again.

Cheers,

Jun 4, 2015 11:24 PM in response to inerte

Thanks for your reply Inerte -- that's good to hear they'll replace your unit. I took your advise and left my watch on the charger the day after I received it and it's been working as expected for a week without issue -- I even got the prompt to go into power reserve mode the first day I wore it (due to tons of notifications and alerts that needed adjusting), without experiencing that "screen noise" issue again. Now that I have everything adjusted the way I like it, I end the day between 50 and 60% available power. (One of my adjustments was to dim the display to lowest usable setting and lowest usable tap adjustment; looks, feels, and functions great!)

Cheers!

Screen noise, rebooting didn't work

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.