Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I use my gmail account when, by default, my iCloud account sends a message from Safari in iOS 8?

I am just having a few problems and need some guidance...

When I click on an email address in Safari, a blank email form will appear and if I use that form, it will be shown as sent from my (seldom used) iCloud account. I would prefer that any messages sent could be from my gmail account so that any replies will go to my gmail account.

But I'm just so dense that I can't find a way to accomplish this.

If anyone can understand the question and can offer some advice I would be extraordinarily grateful.

Thanks,

Clinton

iPad Air 2 running iOS 8.3 (amongst other devices and OS's)

Posted on May 21, 2015 6:18 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 21, 2015 6:23 PM

Check what is set in Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendars > Default Account

Make sure that it is set to your GMail Account.

3 replies

Jul 9, 2015 4:32 PM in response to clintonfrombirmingham

I don't know how to contact you in any other way.

Can you please help me with your article to change from HDD to SSD. I have an old MacBook Black Early 2008 and I want to start from zero with an SSD.

I want to literally REPLACE the HDD with SSD. Possible? Like unplugging the HDD, and just plugging in the SSD.

The Article: Upgrading Your MacBook Pro with a Solid State Drive

Sorry for any inconvenience... and thank you.

How can I use my gmail account when, by default, my iCloud account sends a message from Safari in iOS 8?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.