Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

wireless "switch" not found after 8.1 install?

Used bootcamp 5.1 to install windows 8.1 and wiireless works fine on Apple side of partition, but Windows side, wireless not found. Searched "airplane" and that mode is off, but there is no wireless button underneath that to turn on where the wireless should be. Previously downloaded a "windows 8.1 preview" version and it worked on that, but couldn't activate my windows key so uninstalled. Reinstalled using a external optical disk drive and everything is same (activated windows) but no wireless found. Uninstalled and retried just-in-case and still the same outcome. When switching between OX and Windows it asks for me to choose a network, when I pick it and put in password and boot up to windows, it says "kmode_exception_not_handled" and then corrects itself and boots up but still no wireless, When I don't put in network option or password, windows boots up without error. Anyone have this trouble?

MacBook Pro, OS X Yosemite (10.10.1)

Posted on May 21, 2015 6:43 PM

5 replies

May 22, 2015 4:17 PM in response to Loner T

Thank you for the reply and forgive me, I am new to the "other side" Love apple, but need windows to run my work software.

1. Mid 2014 Retina, 13 inch MacBook Pro ver 10.10.3

2. Installed windows (64 bit) using iso image from full installation disk I purchased

3. I updated as requested before starting - I don't know of any Bootcamp drivers needing to be installed.

4. I see a yellow triangle on the following under device manager:

Other Devices

Multimedia Controller

Network Controller

PCI Simple Communications Controller

SM Bus Controller

May 22, 2015 4:27 PM in response to harsher

Use System requirements to install Windows on your Mac via Boot Camp - Apple Support to download drivers appropriate for your Mac using BCA. You will need a USB2 flash drive. Once you boot into Windows, run setup.exe from the Bootcamp folder. The installation requires a reboot. After reboot, please check again for any missing devices with yellow triangle and exclamation marks.

wireless "switch" not found after 8.1 install?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.