Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

why won't my apple tv connect to my new mac?

I have a new mac, I started with a pc a few years ago and recently upgraded to a new 13" macbook pro. I purchased an apple tv a year ago and used it with my old pc without any trouble, but now when I try to connect to the new mac I've been running into serious difficulties. When I try to access my itunes library from apple tv, i keep getting "! Could not connect to Ramiro's Library" message over and over. i have no problem streaming from my mac to apple tv, but can't connect in other direction. I've turned off home sharing on both devices and then turned it back on on both devices. Quit and restarted both devices, quit and restarted itunes. I even restarted my wireless router to no avail. I always get the same message on my apple tv "! Could not connect to Ramiro's Library" and yes, itunes sharing is enabled on both devices with same apple id and yes they are both on the same network and yes both have updated software. Can anyone give me a solution that doesn't involve me restoring my apple tv? Apple TV A1469 Software 7.2(7512) MacBook Pro 13" Yosemite OS X 10.10.3

Posted on May 21, 2015 6:58 PM

4 replies

why won't my apple tv connect to my new mac?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.