Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unable to verify google voice account using an iPhone 6 Plus

Until Yesterday, I was able to forward my Google voice calls to my iPhone 6 Plus On Sprint. I removed my iPhone's number from my Google Voice account temporarily so I could set up a new Google voice account for one of my roommates. When I go to validate my iphone number for call forwarding, my phone does not ring, and the validation fails. However, I borrowed another roommate's Android phone, entered his number to the forwarding list for this account, and I was able to successfully validate the account. I remove the other roommate's phone number, log out of this account, and log into my Google voice account. When I try to add my iPhone's number back to this account and attempt to verify my iPhone's,the verification fails. If I use an android phone, it will verify.

Before anyone tells me to check the online docs for Google Voice, or call Sprint, I've done so, and that issue is not addressed. Any one have any other ideas? I've already cleared any area code 202 numbers from my blocked call list (Google Voice uses a Washington DC number to make the verification call.). I've also did a complete erase of my iPhone, and still am unable to get Google Voice to verify the phone.

Posted on May 21, 2015 5:15 PM

1 reply

Aug 20, 2016 5:34 AM in response to Meistersinger11

I had this same problem. Finally solved it yesterday. I saw some posts that said "Make sure the number that Google Voice uses to call you isn't blocked on your phone. The number is 202-455-8888." I largely ignored this because I never block any numbers, and certainly have never blocked Google's number. As a last resort, I dialed the above number, and pressed Call...I waited 2 seconds, and then hung up. I then went into my recent calls, and saw the number above that I had just called. To the far right of the number, is a "!" with a circle around it. I pressed that, and it shows the details of that call. I scrolled to the bottom, and to my surprise, the very last option said "Unblock this Caller?"....I was stunned because I have NEVER blocked this number...is this number blocked by default now? Who knows how it happened...anyway, I clicked "Unblock this Caller?" and then tried to verify my number again...it rang my phone within a couple seconds and I was able to verify with Google voice. To make things easier in the future, I went ahead and added this number to my contacts and called it "Google Voice Verification". I hope this helps someone.

Thanks!

Unable to verify google voice account using an iPhone 6 Plus

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.