Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't restore iCloud Calender via Time Machine

Hey all,

Accidentally deleted an icloud calender thinking it was only going to get deleted from my iphone, but it's scrubbed it completely from the cloud. Came offline to do a Time Machine resotre on the desktop, as I knew that if it restored once online, iCloud would write over the restored Calender files right away, so was following this plan:

1. Come offline to stop iCloud and the desktop Mac talking to each other

2. Use a Time Machine restore to get a local version of the Calender back

3. Export the ical data to preserve it

4. Go back online and link back to the cloud to get iCal sync'd

5. Import the data back as a new Calendar.

Only problem is when I roll Time Machine back to earlier in the day - prior to the iCloud deletion of the Calendar, it still doesn't show up in iCal. I've also gone hunting in the Library and I can manually extract ics files for all of the other Calendars, but there's no sign of the deleted one.

Am I missing something? It doesn't seem to make any sense that the local version of the Calendar has disappeared from my Time Machine back-up. To make things BAD, my icloud account isn't set to backup Calenders (bad oversight I know)

Any help would ace!

Cheers

Dan

PowerMac, iOS 8.3

Posted on May 22, 2015 12:38 AM

There are no replies.

Can't restore iCloud Calender via Time Machine

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.