Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

TB Display Flashing and Audio distortion

Very intermittently I get a flash of black on the display and then it goes back to normal. Extremely annoying when working. The built in speakers also seem to partly at fault because I get distorted audio when plugging in a USB device like my keyboard and mouse. Here's my setup: Mac Pro 6,1, 3.7GHz, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD, 2xD500, 27" Thunderbolt display serial #C02NJ125F2GC, extended wired keyboard, might mouse. Tried replacing thunderbolt cable with same results. Computer was just recently serviced. I've noticed the Thunderbolt cable seems to get quite warm when this happens. Possibly a cooling problem with the Mac Pro? Here is a video of the problem in action: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cV9Wr3DMsfM&feature=youtu.be

Mac Pro, OS X Yosemite (10.10.3)

Posted on May 21, 2015 7:42 PM

1 reply

May 22, 2015 7:32 PM in response to ronaldmcdonalds

Hi, Happen the same to me since mavericks, always working fine and then this distorted image appears or the TB display turns black. And I have to unplugged and then plugged it again, sometimes when this doesn't work I have to reset NVRAM is extremely annoying.

MacBook Pro (13-inch, Early 2011)

Processor: 2.3 GHz Intel Core i5

RAM: 6 GB 1333 MHz DDR3

Graphics: Intel HD Graphics 3000 384 MB

TB Display Flashing and Audio distortion

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.