Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes playlist sharing

What we want to do:

My wife wants to have access to the music AND playlists that I have created on my MacBook Pro when she goes running.

What we have already tried:

Home Sharing (doesn't work when she is out of the house)

Family Sharing (allows access to songs but does NOT allow access to playlists)

We have separate iTunes accounts that are shared through iTunes Family Sharing.

We have had iTunes Match for the past two years.

Equipment:

I have a MacBook Pro, an iPhone 5S, and an iPad3.

My wife has a MacBook Pro, an iPhone 6, and an iPad2.

Operating Systems:

We are both running Yosemite on our MacBook Pros.

We both have iOS8 on our iPhones and iPads.

Our questions:

Is this at all possible?

Does this require any third-party apps (such as Younity)?

Are we missing anything?

Thank you Obi-Wan - you're my only hope.

MacBook Pro, iOS 8

Posted on May 21, 2015 6:24 PM

5 replies

May 21, 2015 7:24 PM in response to Lopezski

Lopezski wrote:

Will this lock her out from her own content for 90 days? I don't think it will, but I'm not sure and I don't want to take the risk without knowing that it would be safe to do so.

Thanks!

Lopeszki,

I can't blame you for not wanting to take that risk. Why not just copy the songs from your Macbook to a flash drive, and let her copy them to her own Macbook? That will avoid the issue.

May 22, 2015 3:36 AM in response to Lopezski

Lopezski,

It will copy the playlist, but it takes an extra step.

On the flash drive, create a new folder PlaylistName. Drag the songs from your iTunes window into that folder.

Then, on her machine, create a new iTunes playlist called PlaylistName, and open iTunes to that playlist window. Drag the songs from the flash drive into the open playlist window. They will be added to her iTunes library and to that playlist.

(Before doing the above, go into her iTunes Preferences > Advanced and make sure that "Copy files..." is checked.)

iTunes playlist sharing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.