Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

my ipad has broken..

I have got a black 16gb wifi ipad 4th gen which has been recently broken due to a glass falling on it.How much will the screen replacement cost?

I went to a nearby apple store called Maple and they said I would have to get it for 28000 INR (The ipad was bought for 25000 and is still under warranty) so im just asking about the price and will i get a refurb or a new one totally.Also ive heard about many people getting it done for free.

iPad (4th gen) Wi-Fi, iOS 8.1

Posted on May 21, 2015 8:22 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 21, 2015 9:06 PM

Since the breakage was the user's fault, you probably won't get a free replacement. You have several options, but they'd involve forking over money for a new unit:

1. You can visit the Apple Store and get a repair, though you suggested that that it wouldn't make sense, financially.

2. You can go to a reputable third party repair shop.

3. If you're experienced, you can repair the unit yourself. (If you're not experienced, I wouldn't risk it.)

4. You can sell the broken unit on an auction site, and buy a replacement.

Personally, Apple refurbs are a good way to get a fully warranted replacement for a good price.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 21, 2015 9:06 PM in response to ruddy3702

Since the breakage was the user's fault, you probably won't get a free replacement. You have several options, but they'd involve forking over money for a new unit:

1. You can visit the Apple Store and get a repair, though you suggested that that it wouldn't make sense, financially.

2. You can go to a reputable third party repair shop.

3. If you're experienced, you can repair the unit yourself. (If you're not experienced, I wouldn't risk it.)

4. You can sell the broken unit on an auction site, and buy a replacement.

Personally, Apple refurbs are a good way to get a fully warranted replacement for a good price.

my ipad has broken..

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.