Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Syncing my new iPod touch has frozen my 1 year-old Macbook Pro. I cannot eject theiPod or use Macbook! ***??

Since Apple does not offer 24 X 7 customer support despite its alleged superiority (and massive market capitalization), I am forced to seek help here, because its customer support is closed.

I just purchased a 64GB iPod Touch to supplement my 7 year-old 160GB iPod Classic.

I connected it to my iTunes on my 1 year-old Macbook Pro w/Retina display and 512GB solid state "hard drive."

A little while ago, I went to my Macbook to eject the iPod and do some browsing.

My security screen had come up, as I was not using the computer for several hours.

My cursor was bouncing randomly around the screen, such that I could not enter my passcode.

I finally managed to do so, only to find that my iTunes screen was frozen, and the cursor was bouncing around randomly. The cursor finally settled down so that it would respond to the touchpad. I clicked on the eject "button" for my iPod, and nothing happened. Indeed, my macbook screen is frozen, and none of the "buttons" responds to the cursor.

I cannot eject the iPod, and cannot use my Macbook. I am using my Dell desktop to type this inquiry.

May I just say that it is utterly inexcusable that I cannot obtain assistance from Apple at 10:30PM?

iPod touch, OS X Yosemite (10.10.3)

Posted on May 21, 2015 9:41 PM

2 replies

May 22, 2015 7:27 AM in response to lllaass

Thank you. I did finally resort to that, last night, and was reminded of the many times I have over the years been forced to reboot Windows computers because of buggy software or hardware to rectify such a frustrating problem. It worked, in the sense that I was again able to use my Macbook, but I still have no solution to the major problem of syncing my new iPod touch freezing my operating system, which is obviously unacceptable. Now that Apple Customer Support is open, I will call them and seek a remedy. I'll let you know what happens.

Syncing my new iPod touch has frozen my 1 year-old Macbook Pro. I cannot eject theiPod or use Macbook! ***??

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.