Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I remove the fake FBI malware that has locked up mu MacBook running Yosimite

Mbook book has become infected with the fake FBI malware. How do I remove it? It has locked up Safari and Chrome.

MacBook Pro (13-inch Mid 2009), OS X Yosemite (10.10.2)

Posted on May 21, 2015 10:21 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 21, 2015 10:23 PM

Choose Force Quit from the Apple menu, close Safari, and then launch it with the Shift key held down. If that doesn't work, temporarily disconnect the computer from the Internet.

If that message continues to appear, click here and run Adware Medic. You may need to download it from a different web browser.

(127714)

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 21, 2015 10:23 PM in response to Jmholdy

Choose Force Quit from the Apple menu, close Safari, and then launch it with the Shift key held down. If that doesn't work, temporarily disconnect the computer from the Internet.

If that message continues to appear, click here and run Adware Medic. You may need to download it from a different web browser.

(127714)

How do I remove the fake FBI malware that has locked up mu MacBook running Yosimite

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.