Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Photo Stream seems to lose images

Photo Stream is making me crazy...maybe it's me, but it doesn't seem to work like it used to.

My understanding was that the last 1000 photos taken would be saved in PhotoStream either immediately or would catch up when you were back on wifi.

I always relied on this when I made errors or deleted something and wanted it back.

1- Am I right about the 1000 most recent?

2- is there a link I can use to read exactly what Photo Stream now does (latest iOS) and what is changed?

Thanks,

Tom

iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi, Cellular, iOS 8.3

Posted on May 21, 2015 10:14 PM

1 reply

May 21, 2015 10:28 PM in response to Thomas O'Connell

From the iPad User Guide.

“Photos and videos added to My Photo Stream on your other devices appear in your My Photo Stream album on iPad. iOS devices can keep up to 1000 of your most recent photos in iCloud for 30 days; you can choose to automatically import these photos to your computer, if you want to keep them permanently"

Excerpt From: Apple Inc. “iPad User Guide For iOS 8.1.” Apple Inc., 2015. iBooks.

This material may be protected by copyright.

Check out this book on the iBooks Store: https://itun.es/us/5A6R2.l

Photo Stream seems to lose images

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.