Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't send from Mac Mail (Gmail).

Can't send from Mac Mail (Mac Book Pro, Mountain Lion), gmail. Receives fine, Sends and receives from browser Gmail.

Tried 2-step verification, tried checking all settings from Google. In settings keeps saying my imap acct is offline.

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.6)

Posted on May 21, 2015 10:48 PM

7 replies

May 22, 2015 8:00 AM in response to kearnser

I have the same exact problem. (Macbook Pro - early 2011, Mavericks). I can receive messages into my gmail account on Apple Mail, but cannot send out from Apple Mail. Same issue on my iPad, and iPhone. Other accounts (Outlook, iCloud, etc …) work just fine on all devices. Sending an e-mail from my Gmail account through the browser works fine.

The error message (iPhone, iOS 6.0) I get is the following. On my iPad, same message, but running iOS 7, so it it's not an issue of updating iOS.

User uploaded file

Have the setting within Gmail suddenly changed?

-- Carlos

May 22, 2015 10:46 AM in response to Carlos in New York

I may have solved my problem. As I said earlier, I was doing 2-step verification (something else I was doing on another device kind of forced me into it), and at the end they asked that you enter a special password. They showed it being entered only for the incoming mail. I was told this was only needed once, and I didn't need to remember it. i did however save it. Well, I decided to try another app instead of Mail, namely Thunderbird. When setting it up, it asked for my password. It said my regular password was wrong. i tried the special (just use one time) password, and it took it and set up the app! I then entered that same password in the Mail app, for outgoing mail, and it sent out my outgoing mail!

Ed

Can't send from Mac Mail (Gmail).

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.