Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Songs w/ different Authorization Counts

I have been using iTune store since it comes out and I have purchased and authorized songs over several computers (more than 5, I think). I'm facing an issue right now that some of my older songs cannot be authorized to sync to my iPhone 6 Plus, yet I can still play it on my newest computer, which, oddly enough, says "2 out of 5 devices authorized," even when it's probably my 5th or 6th Mac (desktop + laptops)

The support page tells me that I should de-authorize all devices then reactivate the ones that matter, but for some reason I don't see a de-authorize all option. The explanation it gave me was that it would only appear if I have five or more devices authorized, which contradicts to the aforementioned # of "2 out of 5."

Posted on May 22, 2015 1:07 AM

17 replies

May 22, 2015 7:18 PM in response to Rysz

When I attempt to authorize, system told me that, "this computer has already been authorized (2 out of 5)." Strangely enough ,the same message appeared from my previous desktop, which was two computers ago.

I use the same Apple ID... kind of. Originally the ID was at "mac.com", which has been long changed to "me.com'' when they abandoned the old name.

May 23, 2015 11:20 AM in response to Rysz

The Manage Devices option is not on the list O_O Although I did see the DeAuthorize All option, except it says I cannot do it till November 2015.

When I sync the phone, this is the exact message, "Some of the items in the iTune library, including X, were not copiers to the iPhone Y because you are not authorized for them on this computer." The odd thing is, it kept on telling me that my computer is already authorized.

May 24, 2015 1:06 PM in response to Chris CA

Yes, they are all in my iTune now, just that they cannot be synced to my phone. Do I have to log into the old account and from there grant permission to use those songs in my new computer/phone?

Side topic: I think Bruce Willis had an issue with this problem previously where he couldn't pass on his huge collection of sons to his children for the same reason.

Songs w/ different Authorization Counts

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.