Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have lost the sidebar icon for iphotos

When I clicked on the iphoto icon nothing came up. I slid the icon to the center of the computer and poof it was gone. Can I retrieve it?

iMac, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on May 21, 2015 11:13 PM

3 replies

May 21, 2015 11:27 PM in response to Maxandmugs

To move the iPhoto icon back to the Dock open your Applications folder. Drag iPhoto from Applications back to the Dock.

User uploaded file

When I clicked on the iphoto icon nothing came up.

Double-click the iPhoto icon to launch iPhoto if a simple click does not work.

Is there any problem with the icon? A question mark on top of it, or is it crossed out by a "forbidden" sign?

May 23, 2015 10:49 PM in response to Maxandmugs

Search with Spotlight for iPhoto. Perhaps you moved it to a different folder. Try to launch iPhoto by double clicking your iPhoto Library - it should be in your Pictures folder.

if you cannot find the iPhoto application you need to reinstall. How to reinstall will depend on how you originally got iPhoto on your computer and on your current system version. Is your profile signature "iMac, Mac OS X (10.6.8)" still correct?

What happened, before you could no longer launch iPhoto? Did you update your system or install software? Did yu run cleaning apps to save space?

I have lost the sidebar icon for iphotos

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.