Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Wifi connection but no online ability

Local coffee shop does not offer wifi to customers.

I was using up all of my iPhone's data plan by creating a hot spot with my phone and then going online with my MacBook Pro running 10.10.3.

After a few days of this my friend and I asked the owner if she would mind letting us log on to her wifi (which was locked) if we did not tell other customers etc. She agreed to let us do so. Gave us the password.

Located her router in Airport's list of available connections, got the password prompt, supplied it -- but then nothing. No sites would load, etc. Double checked connection and signals in Network preferences and all of that was good; just couldn't go anywhere online.

Asked her if maybe there was a block up of some sort, and she said no; plus my friend got online no trouble with his PC.

Any suggestions for when I return tomorrow. Would like to be able to use the wifi she's offered but...

Thanks!

MacBook, Mac OS X (10.5.6)

Posted on May 21, 2015 9:04 PM

There are no replies.

Wifi connection but no online ability

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.