Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I create a playlist that can be exported in mp3 format?

I'm trying to convert an existing Itunes playlist to MP3 format and create a file that can be exported to another (non Apple) device. How can this be done?

null-OTHER, Windows 7

Posted on May 21, 2015 11:13 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 22, 2015 3:53 AM

OP,

If you need MP3s, the best way it to keep your library in MP3 format in the first place. Make sure that all music you buy, rip, or otherwise acquire is in MP3 format.

If you have any other formats in your library, you can convert into MP3 as needed by using this guide:

iTunes: How to convert a song to a different file format - Apple Support

Note that the conversion process creates a new MP3 and leaves the original in place. Make sure that you use the MP3 version for your purpose.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 22, 2015 3:53 AM in response to OldPedo

OP,

If you need MP3s, the best way it to keep your library in MP3 format in the first place. Make sure that all music you buy, rip, or otherwise acquire is in MP3 format.

If you have any other formats in your library, you can convert into MP3 as needed by using this guide:

iTunes: How to convert a song to a different file format - Apple Support

Note that the conversion process creates a new MP3 and leaves the original in place. Make sure that you use the MP3 version for your purpose.

How can I create a playlist that can be exported in mp3 format?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.