Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I recieved a fake sms with icloudlocation address and my snatched device removed from find my iphone

Dear Sir Madam,

My IPhone 5S got snatched few days back and as Find my phone was activated on that phone so I keep trying locating it. But today I -eceived a sms from a number +46 70-132 78 72 and the subject was

"Dear Apple Customer:

Your Lost IPhone has been Found today at 10:00 PDT :
Please check your location at www.icloudlocationcheck.com
See location
Apple Inc."

Now when I visited the mentioned page it asked my apple id and password and it was just like Find my Phone page and when I entered that site I suddenly realized there is some problem and I immediately logged out and went to Apple page to change my password and changed it.

Now when I logged in again via Find my Phone app its not showing my previous phone 5s and only showing my IPhone 6. I don't know how that hacker removed that phone from my ID or he just opened the phone and turned off Find my Phone option.

Can you please help me in that regard.

Regards

Asif Ali Siddiqui

Posted on May 22, 2015 12:24 AM

4 replies

Nov 5, 2015 9:14 AM in response to IOS 7 problems

Hi

I am having the same issue as yours. You are very lucky that you still able to change your password.

I had lost my Iphone 6 months ago and received same SMS this evening. After key in my apple id on that fake site, suddenly the phone i am currently using right now was reebooted and they erased everything. I can feel that someone is going to unlock my stolen phone.

I recieved a fake sms with icloudlocation address and my snatched device removed from find my iphone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.