Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Announcement

Introducing the iPad Pro with Apple M4 chip, the redesigned iPad Air in two sizes, and the all‑new Apple Pencil Pro. Watch the event >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Control Center bug: interference with beneath apps

After uptating to iOS 8.3 ( and even after restoring twice) I found this bug: whenever I swipe the control Center upward the swiping action interferes with the beneath app no matter if the swipe movement of my finger is slow or at the speed of light. it's like if the control Center was on the same "layer" of the app beneath and iOS couldn't give the priority to the control Center.

Let's say I'm on the App Store "updates" tab , I swipe up with my finger on the "explore" tab area: at the same time the control Center pops up and the tab moves from updates to explore. If I swipe on the "top charts" tab area the control Center appears and the top charts tab loads.

I have tried hundreds of times and it doesn't happen with my iPhone 5S/4S but it does happen with every ipad application no matter the swipe speed or position: I'm on telegram , I swipe up and at the same time I hit the space bar beneath, I'm in such and such app and swiping up I interfere with the buttons behind like if he control Center was on the same layer of the app. This also slow down the control Center that doesn't pop up as smoothly as in my iPhones.

i hope I managed to explain the problem, sorry for my English.

thank you very much for any solution you may have!

Joe

ipad air 32gb wifi + cellular , iOS 8.3

iPad Air, iOS 8.3, Wifi + cellular

Posted on May 22, 2015 3:48 AM

8 replies

May 22, 2015 5:32 AM in response to rocklee84

OK, try this:

Tap Settings->Control Center->Access within apps-> Toggle it Off.

Close Settings by double tapping the home button & swiping up the window.

Test that you can still bring up control center from the home screen

Now tap Settings->Control Center ->Access Within Apps->Toggle it back On.

Close settings & now open an App & try bringing up the Control Center again.

Control Center bug: interference with beneath apps

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.