Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unresponsive at startup. Takes about 30-60 minutes to finally start. Please Help!

Hello everyone. I am having some issues with my Imovie software. I am in desperate need of a solution due to a project i have to turn in! Whenever I start up Imovie It goes through a period of about 30 minutes to 60 minutes where it is completely unresponsive. It will finally work after while but it takes a long time to start up, I know this is not normal. Any help is greatly appreciated!

Posted on May 22, 2015 12:57 AM

1 reply

May 22, 2015 1:03 AM in response to Snoopiiz

Try restarting your Mac in Safe mode:

- Shut down your Mac

- Wait until your computer turns off and after that press the Power button

- Right after you hear the startup tone, press and hold the Shift key

- Release the Shift key when you see a grey Apple sign and the progress bar below this sign

- Once you see Desktop, start a Disc Utility scan to detect and repair file system errors (don't forget to choose your main hard drive)

- Click on Verify Disc and then, if asked to fix problems, on Repair Disk

- After this, click on Verify Disc Permissions and then on Repair Disc Permissions

- After the process is finished, shut down your Mac and turn it back on after about 30 seconds

Unresponsive at startup. Takes about 30-60 minutes to finally start. Please Help!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.