Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple TV to an Optoma HD projector and to a Logitech receiver using a Toslink cable, but the audio keeps coming out of the projectors mono speaker, even after trying all the different settings on the AppleTV.

I've connected my new Apple TV to an Optoma HD projector and to a Logitech receiver using a Toslink cable, but the audio keeps coming out of the projector's mono speaker, even after trying all the different settings on the AppleTV.

Posted on May 21, 2015 11:30 PM

5 replies

May 23, 2015 2:24 AM in response to gabypurple

Ah, you didn't say you had no audio.

Have you tried adjusting the "Audio Out" and the "Dolby Digital" settings in settings > audio and video? It may be worth trying several combinations of these settings, although typically it is the "Dolby Digital" setting that causes most problems for users.

If you are using a sound system/receiver, make sure that you have correctly mapped the input port on your sound system to the output, if you are unsure about how to do this, refer to the manual that came with your sound system.

Have you tried playing various content sources (i.e. podcasts, music, iTunes Store video, other video etc), do you have the same problem with all types of content? If you use optical you might also check that you can see a red light at the end of your optical audio cable. Is your optical audio cable plugged straight into your sound system, or does it go through a switch or other device?

May 23, 2015 7:28 AM in response to Winston Churchill

Hi Winston,

Yes, I've tried different type of contents and settings, I think I found the reason why the receiver is not playing any sound, it's because the Toslink cable I'm using is optical on both ends (Toslink regular to Toslink 3.5mm), and the receiver is analog. So, I'm getting a DAC and a couple of cables hoping this will fix it. What do you think?

Apple TV to an Optoma HD projector and to a Logitech receiver using a Toslink cable, but the audio keeps coming out of the projectors mono speaker, even after trying all the different settings on the AppleTV.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.