Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes gone crazy

Hi all.

I have a MacBook Pro 17" Mid 2010 running OS X 10.8.5. Since some time iTunes opens up by itself and starts playing. It doesn't always happen, but when it does I can't make it stop. I mean, I shut down iTunes, but it reopens. I terminate the process using Terminal, including iTunes Helper, to no avail: iTunes reopens and plays. I have searched the web and it looks like a problem with a history since there are posts here and there describing the same problem dating 2009, 2010 and further. I can't believe that Apple is not aware of the issue and trust they can help me and other users out of this mess.

Thanks in advance.

Max

MacBook Pro, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.5)

Posted on May 22, 2015 2:42 AM

2 replies

May 22, 2015 6:11 AM in response to Mafomo

Possible causes of this issue include:

• Dashboard alarm-clock widgets
  • Alarm-clock apps such as "Awaken"
  • Screen savers that play music
  • "Logitech Media Server"
  • "FitBit"
  • An Apple Remote
  • External speakers or headphones with a next-track control
  • Connecting an iPhone, iPad, or iPod via USB
  • An Automator service with a keyboard shortcut that you created and then forgot about
  • An Automator calendar event

May 22, 2015 9:22 AM in response to Linc Davis

Thanks Linc. My ipad and iphone are synced remotely. I do have a Logitech Control for my mouse and keyboard, but that's different than a media server. On top of it, the issue seems to appear and disappear randomly, not bound to any automatic stuff nor apps - not applying to 10.8.5. I'm afraid I'll have to live with it, until it stops by itself just like it came.

iTunes gone crazy

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.