Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I use MIDI-transform fot this specific situation?

For composing my music I use the software Logic Pro X and an external stagepiano: the Roland RD-700sx. I’ve expanded the sound palette of my stagepiano with two expansion boards: the SRX 04 with sounds of strings and the SRX-10 with sounds of brass.

I want to use string-sounds in my music, for example staccato cello. I am aware than samples of strings cannot compete with real violins, violas, celli and basses, though I have some ideas to add more dynamics on the recordings with this kind of samples, resulting it becomes more pleasant to listen to. On my external stagepiano I can adapt many sounds, for example by changing the cut-off and decay-time. So my idea is that the key-velocity is related to the cut-off and decay time; in practice it means the cut-off and decay-time will decrease when the velocity values are less and vice versa.

You’ll probably know when I make a MIDI recording using an external keyboard, Logic Pro X only records the key-velocity in relation to capture the dynamics. The values ​​can range from 0 (none) to 127 (maximum). I wonder if it's possible with MIDI-transform the key-velocity ​​can be converted to another type of MIDI command, which will then be added to the existing recording.

Also the cut-off and decay-time ​​should have another scale than the key-velocity. Suppose the minimum key-velocity ​​in the recording range from a minimum value of 50 to a maximum of 100. By velocity-values of 100 nothing changes with the cuf-off and decay time (they will retain a value of 63), but with velocity-values of 50 the cut-off and decay time will go 15 ​​down (and thus a value of 48). So the cut-off and the decay time are scaled differently than the key-velocity.

I hope someone understands my wish: you would help me a lot! Thank you!

Logic Pro X, OS X Mavericks (10.9.5)

Posted on May 22, 2015 3:32 AM

There are no replies.

Can I use MIDI-transform fot this specific situation?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.