Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is there an offline installer for iTunes? I want to install iTunes 12 on over 300 laptops, what strategy should I employ?

I work in a school environment and we run a fairly large fleet of laptops. Students would love to be able to connect their Apple devices but we need to be able to install iTunes 12 offline and silently. Is there a silent installer available for iTunes 12 for such a situation?

Posted on May 22, 2015 4:54 AM

13 replies

May 22, 2015 5:45 AM in response to globalzen

globalzen wrote:

I work in a school environment and we run a fairly large fleet of laptops. Students would love to be able to connect their Apple devices but we need to be able to install iTunes 12 offline and silently. Is there a silent installer available for iTunes 12 for such a situation?

Apple does have business/school support services.

If your students have apple devices than they have Itunes and their own network options - so wondering why you want to do this? Sure you are not a student looking for a hack?

May 22, 2015 5:53 AM in response to notcloudy

Finally, I am not sure what kind of "hack" you would be talking about. I simply want to make iTunes available to student in my high school that use laptops but do not have admin access to the device.

Look at most other pieces of software written for windows, there are install options that are readily documented but for some reason I can't find any references to this for iTunes.

May 22, 2015 5:03 PM in response to globalzen

globalzen wrote:

Finally, I am not sure what kind of "hack" you would be talking about. I simply want to make iTunes available to student in my high school that use laptops but do not have admin access to the device.

Look at most other pieces of software written for windows, there are install options that are readily documented but for some reason I can't find any references to this for iTunes.

I question why you would be on this site asking for help - without just contacting apple school/business for help support - as you would want to register the product with apple in order to get updates.

Jun 11, 2015 8:03 PM in response to globalzen

Hello, I use ninite pro. https://ninite.com/pro That may be a bit much for just pushing out iTunes. But this works great for me managing almost 100 PC's on our Domain. My favorite feature is that PC's check in to a local server where ninite is installed and any updates happen automatically. No more Java or Reader update notifications. It has CLI and silent mode. It sounds like this will do specifically what you want and more.

https://ninite.com/applist/pro.html

If you were dealing with 300 iPads, yes purchase via VPP, use MDM, ask Apple for help, etc.

*EDIT- Would you describe a few examples or needs a student would have with their personal device connecting to iTunes on a school owned laptop?

Is there an offline installer for iTunes? I want to install iTunes 12 on over 300 laptops, what strategy should I employ?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.