Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I restore Apple TV without using itunes from the computer

II've got an Apple TV which suddenly started giving problems. I got a message on the tv screen telling me to restore from itunes. I need to restore using itunes from the computer, is there any way i can restore it without this process? I need a separate micro USB lead, not the one I charge my phone or ipad. Is there any other way I can restore or fix this issue. I just want to watch and am not bothered about updates or anything, please can someone tell me what I can do?

AppleTV 2, It's an Apple TV 2

Posted on May 22, 2015 5:07 AM

5 replies

May 25, 2015 3:26 PM in response to Winston Churchill

I'Ve been trying to restoring the Apple TV but verifying Apple TV takes so long. It takes over 20 minutes whereas I quit it. How long should it take to verify? I've got the Apple TV connected to the router directly and it still takes so long, should I wait longer or what do I do? The restore page comes up and everything goes through except when waiting for the verifying part.

May 26, 2015 12:49 AM in response to Shadat1

If your Apple TV fails to restore through iTunes……..

• Check that you have correctly followed the instructions for your model of Apple TV.
  • If not already, try using a powered USB port.
  • Repeat the process but this time try connecting the cable while iTunes is closed.
  • Repeat the process with another cable.
  • Try restoring the Apple TV on another computer in another location.

How can I restore Apple TV without using itunes from the computer

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.