Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

will EVERY PHOTO upload to iCloud poto library?

am I right in thinking that now i have enabled iCloud Photo library that every single photo i take will automatically upload into the library?

what if i dont want it to? Like i only want the photos that i put in the photos app on my mac to be what is stored in the cloud. I take a lot of crap with my phone, screencaps, just junk etc that i share on facebook and dont want to keep. Will all this automatically upload? I'd love for it not to - is there a way to stop it?

Ideally i'd like it to be a one way street - so anything dragged into photos on my mac goes to all devices but NOTHING on my other devices will appear in the iCloud Photo library - is that possible?

iPhone 6, iOS 8.3

Posted on May 22, 2015 3:44 AM

6 replies

May 22, 2015 3:53 AM in response to janinefromleek

iCloud Photo Library is a centralized collection. The photos are all stored in iCloud and more or less just accessed from your other devices.

With that being said, if you delete those photos from your phone they they will also be deleted everywhere. This is also true of any edits made to photos.

Essentially you are not managing separate photo libraries on each device but one single library stored in iCloud.

It sounds like you want it to function more like My Photo Stream. You can always disable iCloud Photo Library and go back to using Photo Stream but of course that will mean having separate photo collections on each device.

will EVERY PHOTO upload to iCloud poto library?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.