Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

OCSPD and devimages.apple.com?

Hi everyone,

I'm in a Fairfield Inn in Oklahoma City with my kid playing Minecraft when I notice my laptop running hot... it's only Minecraft and never causes heating unless I'm multi-tasking. I quit Minecraft and try logging into Marriott website but get an alert that the site's certificate is not valid. I switched to cellular data to perform the same task and got no such alert - hop back to wifi and alert reappears. I shut down everything and come back later and find that as soon as I turn on my laptop, Little Snitch is showing constant downloading by process OCSPD from website devimages.apple.com.

I understand that OCSPD verifies certificate status based upon other forum posts. Why would OCSPD be talking to devimages.apple.com?

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.5)

Posted on May 22, 2015 3:07 AM

1 reply

Jun 12, 2015 2:03 PM in response to lilredvette2003

As additional information, at the same time I noticed my laptop running hot, my iPad (one child was on laptop and other was on iPad) began to lose battery at a more rapid rate than usual. After this, the iPad was sluggish (an understatement actually) accessing the internet (wasn't really used for much more). URLs were slow to appear when being typed in. Pages were slow to load. Pages were slow to respond when trying to scroll up or down. About 1.5 weeks later I mention these details to my spouse (who was not on the trip with us) and, presto, the next time I used the iPad, browsing behavior returned to normal and haven't had any other odd behavior since.

Is there any way to find proof of a hack on an iPad? (sorry, off topic I know) BTW, my virus scanner is not showing any hits for viruses on the laptop.

OCSPD and devimages.apple.com?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.