Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I get yosemite to recognised my windows trackball keyboard mouse click buttons?

I purchased a Sejin (SPR5096) Wireless Infrared Keyboard with built in trackball mouse my Mac Mini 2014 running yosemite 10.10.1, all the keys seem to work including the trackball however the computer will not recognise the two mouse click buttons (left and right). This is the keyboard:

User uploaded file

I purchased an infrared keyboard because I am having a problem with communication using bluetooth as so many devices in my household are running bluetooth. I also liked the 'built in trackball mouse function' which means I can use the keyboard sat on a sofa or chair without a desk.

I downloaded the 'better touch tool' app however it doesn't even recognise when i click the left or right mouse buttons. I did use this keyboard on a family members windows computer and all the keys function correctly thus I know it is not a hardware problem with the keyboard.

For clarity purposes the keyboard send an infrared signal to a infrared receiver which is attached to the mac using a usb plug.

Im hoping somebody can advise me of a way to get the mac recognise the mouse clicks, I have also been told that if I can find software that specifies the 'physical input' received by the mac I may be able to get the computer to accept the referred keys.

Any help will be greatly appreciated as this keyboard is unusable for my study purposes as without the click buttons I cannot highlight or drag text, or application windows.

Mac mini, OS X Yosemite (10.10.1)

Posted on May 22, 2015 4:57 AM

2 replies

May 22, 2015 8:09 AM in response to lllaass

Hi,

Yes you are right, it is a PC keyboard. I couldn't seem to find any infrared based keyboards designed for Mac. However, I know somebody who said they used this keyboard with a previous apple OS systems and they seemed to function perfectly. I did also notice that one of the advertisers of this keyboard claimed it was fully compatible with Mac.

I just don't personally have the knowledge to figure at what stage the signal of the mouse clicks are being rejected and if that can be rectified, I don't even know where to start haha.

How do I get yosemite to recognised my windows trackball keyboard mouse click buttons?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.