Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhoto and Yosemite 10.10.3

Hi, after upgrading my Mac mini from Mavericks to Yosemite (10.10.3) iPhoto will not start anymore. I cannot open the iPhoto libraries anymore either. A message appears that iPhoto is not compatible with Yosemite and that I should update. However, the App Store gives me a message that the update is not available. What to do? Photos will not cut it for me.

Thanks for tips and help!

Hågar

Mac mini (Late 2012), OS X Yosemite (10.10.3)

Posted on May 22, 2015 6:29 AM

7 replies

May 22, 2015 6:45 AM in response to Hagar57

Go to the App Store and check out the Purchases List. If iPhoto is there then it will be v9.6.1

If it is there, then drag your existing iPhoto app (not the library, just the app) to the trash

Install the App from the App Store.

Sometimes iPhoto is not visible on the Purchases List. it may be hidden. See this article for details on how to unhide it.

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4928

One question often asked: Will I lose my Photos if I reinstall?

iPhoto the application and the iPhoto Library are two different parts of the iPhoto programme. So, reinstalling the app should not affect the Library. BUT you should always have a back up before doing this kind of work. Always.

iPhoto and Yosemite 10.10.3

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.