Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Troubleshooting Airport Extreme Setup with static IP settings

Hello,

My airport extreme (7.3.3) was working fine in the U.S. with all of my family's devices. We are in Brazil this summer and our local ISP provided this static IP info:

10.xx.xx.120

10.1.1.1 (or 8.8.8.8)

I get internet access plugging the LAN directly into my MacBook Pro, but no luck with the AE despite several permutations of network and internet settings, including "bridge only."

Called Apple in Brazil for support and they said because the AE is out of warranty my best bet is to consult these pages. I've tried suggestions offered to folks with similar issues, but no luck so far.

Thanks in advance for any advice you might have. I may just end up buying the company's wireless router if I can't get the AE to work.

Airport Express-OTHER

Posted on May 22, 2015 4:29 AM

1 reply

May 22, 2015 5:36 AM in response to SRMoore

Because it is static IP.. this becomes a bit more tricky setup..

Do it manually like this.

User uploaded file

You put in your xxx for the address.. the rest is exactly as you gave us the values..

Now go to the network tab.

User uploaded file

Set to DHCP and NAT.. but the IP range won't work.

Click on Network Options and change the IP.

User uploaded file

Now you can save this page and then update the TC..

You will get a warning.. double NAT.

User uploaded file

(You can see my status.. double NAT is the key one.. and i have fiddled the settings to show you.. it is plugged into another TC upstream and that is plugged into another TC upstream of that.. but they don't show.. only the immediate one shows..

(This unit is old and faulty disk and missing temp sensor but they are irrelevant).

It should work then .. albeit you might get some issues as double NAT blocks interactive stuff on the internet.

Troubleshooting Airport Extreme Setup with static IP settings

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.