Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I change the order of Reminders to list the most recently entered at the top of the list?

When I open a Reminders list on the iPhone or Mac the list of reminders is displayed with the oldest entry first.

I need to scroll down to the bottom of the list to see the most recently entered reminder.

I'd prefer opposite sort order i.e. Open the "Reminder" lists with the most recently entered reminder listed first at the top of the list and the oldest entry at the end of the list.

I can partially get to my preferred order by manually dragging the reminders up to the top. However, that's not a practical solution for every item.

Is there a solutions in "Settings" or elsewhere to change the default list order to list the most recently entered reminder at the top of each list and the oldest entry at the bottom?

i.e. the reverse of the out-of-the-box list order for reminders within each list.

iPhone 5s, iOS 8.3, Order of display within Reminders list

Posted on May 22, 2015 6:43 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 23, 2016 10:57 AM

I had this same problem. But, on my iPhone, if I double tap on the upper right of the screen, to the right of, in my case, the word scheduled, maybe 2/3rds over. The order reversed itself to what you and I want.

On the touch screens of my iPad and iPhone. There is this strange function, where if you tap a little to the right of the column, it reorders, or usually brings you to the top (for instance in the iOS mail client).

And in fact, I see that if I double tap more, the reminder items are sorted under date headers. Strange. I don't want to mess with it anymore, as it is doing what we want. But try it.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 23, 2016 10:57 AM in response to AmbroseStafford

I had this same problem. But, on my iPhone, if I double tap on the upper right of the screen, to the right of, in my case, the word scheduled, maybe 2/3rds over. The order reversed itself to what you and I want.

On the touch screens of my iPad and iPhone. There is this strange function, where if you tap a little to the right of the column, it reorders, or usually brings you to the top (for instance in the iOS mail client).

And in fact, I see that if I double tap more, the reminder items are sorted under date headers. Strange. I don't want to mess with it anymore, as it is doing what we want. But try it.

How can I change the order of Reminders to list the most recently entered at the top of the list?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.