Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I am unable to open the files of the format .pages and .numbers attached in an email in my iPad mini

I have emailed the files in pages and numbers from icloud.com using a computer and I want to open those files in my iPad. But I am unable to open those files in my email. The attachment is downloaded but when I click it to open it isn't responding.

iPad Mini, iOS 8.3, Only WiFi, no cellular

Posted on May 22, 2015 4:41 AM

7 replies

May 27, 2015 6:53 AM in response to Kilgore-Trout

I have the files attached in my email. And i am accessing my email through my iPad mini. I downloaded the attachment and i am tryin to open it. When i tap the downloaded attachment, the preview was supposed to open, through which i could save it to pages or numbers. I've done it once.

But now the preview itself isn't opening.

May 27, 2015 8:00 AM in response to Mohammed Abdul Shakoor

1. Try closing the mail app and restarting it (double click the home button and swipe up)
  2. Try a forced restart: Simultaneously hold down the Home and On buttons until the device shuts down. Ignore the off slider if it appears. Once shut down is complete, if it doesn't restart on it own, turn the device back on using the On button. In some cases it also helps to double click the Home button and close all apps BEFORE doing the restart.

I am unable to open the files of the format .pages and .numbers attached in an email in my iPad mini

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.