Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Help! My files have gone missing

After working on some photoshop files and saved them into iCloud so that if something went wrong I would have a back-up plus I could access them from another computer. After a couple of days I returned today to find that my folders are still there my files are missing, after going though iCloud.com and not finding them I looked into my time machine back-up, yet again nothing. Its like they were never created luckily I had to email a first daft one the designs so I can reclaim the .gif file from there but my .psd is no were to be seen even though in .

MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Late 2013), OS X Yosemite (10.10.3)

Posted on May 22, 2015 6:49 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 22, 2015 11:53 AM

Are you referring to the iCloud Drive? Any item saved there is mirrored on your hard drive here:

User uploaded file

If the files are deleted from your hard drive they will be deleted from the iCloud Drive also. It's not an off computer storing device. It's only to sync files between computers/devices signed into the same Apple iD and iCloud account.

User uploaded file

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 22, 2015 11:53 AM in response to CJThursby

Are you referring to the iCloud Drive? Any item saved there is mirrored on your hard drive here:

User uploaded file

If the files are deleted from your hard drive they will be deleted from the iCloud Drive also. It's not an off computer storing device. It's only to sync files between computers/devices signed into the same Apple iD and iCloud account.

User uploaded file

Help! My files have gone missing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.