Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Explicit rap music started playing randomly from my phone. No apps were open, I don't own the song. My email also sent spam to contacts. Has this happened to anyone else? Is this a virus?

My iPhone randomly played explicit rap music this morning. It completely started on its own. No apps were open, I don't even own the song that was playing. It wouldn't stop playing until I turned my phone off and on again. My email also sent out spam. Not sure if the two are related, but it's definitely a problem! Has anyone else had this problem? Is this a virus?

iPhone 5s

Posted on May 22, 2015 6:42 AM

1 reply

Jun 8, 2015 2:07 AM in response to Anne E Mc

Yes, I have the same problem with my iPhone 5.

In the middle of the night, while charging, the podcaster-app started with a podcast I did not recognize. The mail-app sent a spam mail (which can be seen in the sent folder) and started on another which I interrupted (and saved).

Nothing like that have happened for a couple of days. I am not sure if I should restore or not...

Explicit rap music started playing randomly from my phone. No apps were open, I don't own the song. My email also sent spam to contacts. Has this happened to anyone else? Is this a virus?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.