Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Announcement

Introducing the iPad Pro with Apple M4 chip, the redesigned iPad Air in two sizes, and the all‑new Apple Pencil Pro. Watch the event >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Ipad Locked up because of wrong onscreen keyboard. I just arrived to NZ and put the settings for 3g. Now, I am left with english keyboard. My passwrod is in Hindi and English. I dont have a backup as I formatted my computer before arriving to NZ.

Ipad locked up because of wrong onscreen keyboard. I just arrived to NZ and put the settings for 3g. Now, I am left with English keyboard. My password is in Hindi and English. I cannot login because of lack of onscreen keyboard that was in Hindi and English.

Also, I don't have a backup because I recently formatted my computer before leaving to NZ. My itunes is showing two different computers authorized. I believe one of the computers is pretty old macbook with which my ipad was sync but not backed up. Also, at that time my passcode was just numeric.

Now, as per icloud backup I have no idea whether I turned on or not. I can see all my apps on the icloud including the recently downloaded clash of clans.

Most import concern why I am not going for restore of my ipad is because I have password manager app installed in ipad and more than 100 password are stored which I cannot recall as they were generated by the software. I can access my icloud email. It is sync with .me email and contacts. Nothing else is sync i.e calender, keynote, etc.

I want to know whether this can be resolved by anyone including the apple tech support. I really need the backup.

😟 😟 😟 😟 😟

😠Apple Bug😠

iPad, iOS 8.2, Ipad 3

Posted on May 22, 2015 6:30 AM

7 replies

May 22, 2015 1:07 PM in response to mak469

It's best not to mess with a computer system before a deadline, etc.

Does it support a blue tooth keyboard? You would have to have it configure already. Don't know if you can use the bluetooth keyboard for the passcode. I best not check now because it would violate the first rule for me.

Get the camera connection kit. I've read where you can attach a usb keyboard this way. Don't know if you can enter the passcode this way.

http://www.theipadguide.com/faq/can-i-use-usb-keyboard-ipad

http://ipad.about.com/od/iPadAccessories/tp/How-to-Connect-a-Keyboard-to-Your-iP ad.htm

plug everything in before power on.

Robert

May 22, 2015 1:10 PM in response to mak469

IF you are asking if you can unlock the iPad without losing everything, no you can't. An Apple Store Genius can't do it either. You are going to have to restore your iPad with iTunes in order to unlock it and remove the passcode. You may very need to use recovery mode.

Forgot passcode for your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, or your device is disabled - Apple Support

if you have an iCloud backup, you could restore that after unlocking the device.

May 23, 2015 10:01 PM in response to rccharles

Hi Robert

I tried the keyboard but again the problem is second language. The second language has to be enabled to switch between languages.

My ipad can be connected to the 3g network which is enabled. The thing that is coming into my mind is that apple can get into my ipad for troubleshooting if I give them the passcode. They can enter the ipad and change the keyboard.

May 24, 2015 2:19 AM in response to mak469

Ok my next try was by sending the password via lost password through 3g Find my Iphone. I cannot copy the password from screen and enter it in my ipad.

Now the situation is this that a message is coming that "IPAD IS DISABLED PLEASE CONNECT TO ITUNES" When connected to itunes it say "Your ipad is in lost mode" I have disabled lost mode from icloud but still not working.

May 24, 2015 6:39 AM in response to mak469

Ok now I am stuck on recovery mode.

I followed a comment on apple community. The guy say that you can click the restore and then click the cross button in itunes to cancel it, then cancel the sync and it will bypass the passcode.😠

The software started extracting, then it started validating and the cross button vanished. I can't see the cross button so took out the usb cable immediately. Now, its stuck on recovery mode. Updated it 3-4 times but no luck. It ask for restore.

So, now I am looking over to the software to recover deleted data after restore. Today is sunday, so still waiting to give it a try at apple store. Let's see what they can do. Else will finally restore it and undelete the data.

Inbetween, I did try the redsnow to get rid of recovery mode but it doesn't detect the device.

Ipad Locked up because of wrong onscreen keyboard. I just arrived to NZ and put the settings for 3g. Now, I am left with english keyboard. My passwrod is in Hindi and English. I dont have a backup as I formatted my computer before arriving to NZ.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.