Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad Contact app only shows small portion of total contact list

Hi.

So I've got an iPhone and an iPad, both use the same iCloud account to sync everything and keep stuff in order. I happened to notice that on my iPad, only 3 contacts are listed in the contact app, a fraction of what I can see on my iPhone. There is no "Groups" to click on in the left corner, so I'm assuming there's only one group it's accessing from.

I've gone into setting and unchecked contacts, and erased from the device when prompted, then checked contacts again. Nothing I do seems to get my whole contact list. Is this a normal thing for an iPad? It's only a WiFi model, if that makes a difference, running ios 8.3

Look forward to your help, thanks.

iPad (4th gen) Wi-Fi, iOS 8.3

Posted on May 22, 2015 7:31 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 22, 2015 8:30 AM

Hello

If the contacts are in the iCloud and they are not coming across.

Delete or sign out of the iCloud account and sign back in.

If that fail

iOS devices like an iPhones, iPads or iPod Touches allows us to access and view Contacts from many sources

iCloud

Email(s) like Gmail and other supported accounts

Social Media like Face Book, Twitter ...

Outlook

Other apps.

CardDAV accounts

and just the iOS device

The way to get them back is to find out where they coming from.

Even if you type them in on the device they can still be saved to any of the above accounts.

1 Make sure your are signed into all of your accounts

iCloud, Email(s), Social Media, Outlook ....

Make sure all of the accounts have contacts turned on.

2 Make sure you are looking at all the contact groups.

Contacts > Groups ( in the upper Left)

Best of Luck

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 22, 2015 8:30 AM in response to 311guy1

Hello

If the contacts are in the iCloud and they are not coming across.

Delete or sign out of the iCloud account and sign back in.

If that fail

iOS devices like an iPhones, iPads or iPod Touches allows us to access and view Contacts from many sources

iCloud

Email(s) like Gmail and other supported accounts

Social Media like Face Book, Twitter ...

Outlook

Other apps.

CardDAV accounts

and just the iOS device

The way to get them back is to find out where they coming from.

Even if you type them in on the device they can still be saved to any of the above accounts.

1 Make sure your are signed into all of your accounts

iCloud, Email(s), Social Media, Outlook ....

Make sure all of the accounts have contacts turned on.

2 Make sure you are looking at all the contact groups.

Contacts > Groups ( in the upper Left)

Best of Luck

May 22, 2015 9:13 AM in response to 311guy1

Please try the following…

1. First check that all your settings are correct, that contact syncing is checked on all devices (system preferences > iCloud on a mac and settings > iCloud on a iPhone, iPad or iPod).
  2. Make sure the contacts you are adding are added to your 'iCloud' group and not an 'On My Mac', 'On My Phone' or other non iCloud group (you can do this by checking in groups), non iCloud contacts will not sync.
  3. If you are sure that everything is set up correctly and your contacts are in the iCloud group, you might try unchecking contact syncing in the iCloud settings, restarting your device and then re-enabling contact syncing.

iPad Contact app only shows small portion of total contact list

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.