Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cropping with Photoshop CC distorts/blanks image.

I have a brand new Mac Pro running Mac OS X Yosemite and just loaded the latest Photoshop and seem to have issues cropping images. The Video Card is a D700. When I crop a TIF then zoom to better select the area the image disappears leaving a white blank image. Other times it looks like noise and random artifacts are left behind. There aren't any special plugins loaded, and it happens on all my monitors so I don't think it's monitor dependent.

This issue happens whether or not I'm on my local SSD disk, or if I'm opening the image from my thunderbolt connected array.

I've gone into Photoshop and turned off use graphics processor to no avail. I've also reset all of my tools. Like I said the computer is three weeks old and this is a brand new install of Photoshop CC so it's not like there is much cruft built up.

Here is an example of what happens sometimes to the image when cropping and zooming.

User uploaded file

I'm kind of at a loss here since it's a fresh install with a brand new Mac and I don't know what more I can do to troubleshoot this. Folks on the Adobe forum suggested disabling the Graphics processor and resetting tools. That's about it.

Is this indicative of a hardware failure? This is such a common operation I can't believe this is some sort of software bug at this point.

Thanks!

Mac Pro, iOS 8.3

Posted on May 22, 2015 9:28 AM

2 replies

Cropping with Photoshop CC distorts/blanks image.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.