Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I share my iCloud Photo Library?

Once I create an iCloud Photo Library, can I allow permanent access to another user, viz. my spouse?

iMac, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on May 22, 2015 7:16 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 22, 2015 8:55 AM

Once I create an iCloud Photo Library, can I allow permanent access to another user, viz. my spouse?

Only if you tell your spouse your iCloud password. Then your spouse can access the Photos library using the www.cloud.com web page. But that would also give access to all your other personal data, Contacts, Calendar, Mail.

I would not do that.

It is better to share only selected albums as Shared albums. See: iCloud: iCloud Photo Sharing FAQ

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 22, 2015 8:55 AM in response to RichK

Only if you tell your spouse your iCloud password. Then your spouse can access the Photos library using the www.cloud.com web page. But that would also give access to all your other personal data, Contacts, Calendar, Mail.

I would not do that.

It is better to share only selected albums as Shared albums. See: iCloud: iCloud Photo Sharing FAQ

Can I share my iCloud Photo Library?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.