Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iphone 4 switched itself off and wont come back on

i looked at the maps app on iphone4, half hour later my phone sounded a tune i havent heard before.. I checked it half hour later and my phone is off! Will not come back on! Ive tried charging it but nothing whatsoever!! Please help! Can i still get pictures and contacts off it? last back up was before xmas! Not sure what the settings were when it comes to icloud... has anyone had the same experience of phone turning off? Is there anything i can do? Please help! Thanks

iPhone 4

Posted on May 22, 2015 9:33 AM

1 reply

May 24, 2015 10:00 AM in response to rachel.15

Hi rachel.15,

Thank you for visiting Apple Support Communities.

It sounds like your iPhone 4 is not turning on or charging. I know this situation can be frustrating.

Your iPhone would need to power on to recover your data, but you can try signing in to www.icloud.com with your Apple ID to see if some data (such as contacts) is stored there.

Next, try restarting your iPhone while it's plugged into the power adapter.

Press and hold the Sleep/Wake and Home buttons at the same time for at least 10 seconds until you see the Apple logo.

You can also try the steps in If you can’t charge your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, in case your iPhone just needs to charge.

If your iPhone still does not turn on or charge, the support article If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch doesn't respond or doesn't turn on suggests contacting Apple Support for more help:

Contact Apple Support to set up service if you have any of these issues:

You still see a black screen after charging and resetting.

Best Regards,

Jeremy

My iphone 4 switched itself off and wont come back on

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.