Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

unlock from icloud

Iphone 4s, 16gb - is there any way to unlock this phone from Icloud?

iPhone 4S

Posted on May 22, 2015 8:13 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 22, 2015 8:15 AM

What do you mean unlock? Do you want to turn off find my iPhone?

6 replies

May 22, 2015 8:25 AM in response to sabbath79

If you are referring to Activation Lock, the only, and I do mean only way to do this is to know the AppleID and password of the iCloud account it is locked to. If you don't know that, then contact the previous owner and ask them to help you (they can release it online without giving you their password). If you don't know the password and cannot get in touch with the previous owner, then you will never be able to use the device.

May 22, 2015 2:43 PM in response to Michael Black

The reason I asked this question was that as an iphone newbie I wanted to find out more about icloud accounts. The reason is that I bought an iphone 4 for my daughter from someone via a social network site and the phone seemed in good working order. However, when the seller had gone I discovered an icloud account which I couldn't delete because I didn't have the password and my messages to the seller were completely ignored. However, the phone was reset to factory settings and initially seemed to work well, but after a couple of days it just shut down and if you do manage to restart it it does the same thing again, and I couldn't help but wonder whether not being able to delete the icloud account had something to do with this and whether there was any programme which could be downloaded to the phone to delete any residue of the icloud account. However, it seems from your reply that there's nothing to be done in this respect and we're stuck with a phone which is virtually useless. I suspect that the guy who sold me the phone discovered the same problem and simply decided to sell it on - to me unfortunately. Anyway, I do appreciate your reply.

May 22, 2015 2:47 PM in response to zelda64

The reason I asked this question was that as an iphone newbie I wanted to find out more about icloud accounts. The reason is that I bought an iphone 4 for my daughter from someone via a social network site and the phone seemed in good working order. However, when the seller had gone I discovered an icloud account which I couldn't delete because I didn't have the password and my messages to the seller were completely ignored. However, the phone was reset to factory settings and initially seemed to work well, but after a couple of days it just shut down and if you do manage to restart it it does the same thing again, and I couldn't help but wonder whether not being able to delete the icloud account had something to do with this and whether there was any programme which could be downloaded to the phone to delete any residue of the icloud account. However, it seems from your reply that there's nothing to be done in this respect and we're stuck with a phone which is virtually useless. Anyway, I do appreciate your reply.

May 22, 2015 2:52 PM in response to sabbath79

This is Apple's document on Activation lock - Find My iPhone Activation Lock - Apple Support

it's something that any honest seller should deactivate before they sell their device - Find My iPhone Activation Lock: Removing a device from a previous owner’s account - Apple Support

There is no bypass to it. It is an anti-theft system that is very secure and very effective at rendering the device useless to anyone but the owner. Owners need to take responsibility and disable it before selling or giving away their device.

unlock from icloud

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.