Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iOS 8.3 iPad2 Retina WIFI Problems

ios 8.3 has made my ipad2 retina worthless for web browsing and checking mail. Consistently get 'not connected' or 'server not found' messages on everything that relies on the Internet. The only time it works is within a couple feet of the router, where the iPad shows 3 bars of wifi signal. MY IPAD STARTED DOING THIS AFTER IOS 8.3 UPDATE AND HAS BEEN GETTING WORSE. I've read about similar problems... Resetting network settings every day, multiple times a day is getting real old. My wireless router is fine... MacBook Pro and other devices have no issues with wifi connectivity. After I reset network settings and everything seems to work fine, ipad will tell me I'm not connected to the internet if I switch from safari to mail or mail to safari.

Where is the fix for this? Enough people are complaining about this 'wifried' problem. This problem only effected me at iOS 8.3. Apple, if this is some sneaky way of getting me to buy a new iPad you guys just lost a customer because I'm not going to purchase another Apple product again if your updates make my devices worthless. And don't tell me 'just roll back to 8.2 or 8.1' because that makes any security tweaks addressed by the new update worthless.

Posted on May 22, 2015 10:40 AM

2 replies

May 22, 2015 11:48 AM in response to Cash Money Rodeo

Hi Haveyou got a good router sometimesthe one your isp gives you is only basic I use to have problems so i bought a top range Netgear I can now get full WiFi signal at the top of a 30 foot garden . Go to the website for your make of Router check for Firmware update . Contact your Internet provider ask for replacement are you on Fibe or copper wire? Cheers Brian

May 25, 2015 5:32 PM in response to Briansyddall

I appreciate your time but perhaps I haven't fully explained the situation, even though I stated above that my wireless router is fine and I am only experiencing this problem on my iPad 2 since updating to 8.3. But since I didn't fully explain my setup, here it is...

ISP FIBER TO CONVERTER

CONVERTER TO NON-ISP ROUTER (2 YEAR OLD, REPUTABLE BRAND)

I ROUTINELY RESET WIRELESS ROUTER TO REFRESH ISP SETTINGS

MACBOOK PRO WORKS 100% ON WIFI

IPHONE WORKS 100% ON WIFI

WIFE'S MACBOOK WORKS 100% ON WIFI

WIFE'S IPHONE WORKS 100% ON WIFI

APPLE TV WORKS 100% ON WIFI

IPAD2 RETINA WORKED 100% ON WIFI ON IOS 8.2

UPDATED IPAD2 RETINA TO IOS 8.3, IPAD NOW WORKS 25% OF THE TIME ON WIFI

Which is why I have deducted that iOS 8.3 is responsible for my iPad not working.

iOS 8.3 iPad2 Retina WIFI Problems

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.